Saturday, October 19, 2013

Locked Tight at Festival

This biker guy was sitting behind the heritage stage at Festivals Acadiens et Créoles. He was laughing at my little boy who was gettin so muddy, even sucking mud up with his mouth. The biker called to me, C'est un bon ti bougre! When I responded in French, he asked if I was from Canada or France, I said, no, Ville Platte, he started going off. He said il était né et élèvè à Lafayette and that he is a bon créole de Lafayette, il parlait créole. We had a good little talk. He was part of a Gypsy biker group out of Jennings, and his name was Barré Serré "ba-day-say-day", or Locked Tight. His French was Creole for sure, so beautiful. The man next to us was Belgian, and when he spoke up too, we all understood each other just fine.


Everyone in this picture speaks French.

My Boy Cormier, aka By Da Sa Da

Barre' Serre'- Locked Tight






No comments :

Post a Comment