Friday, September 20, 2013

Traiteurs


  

Mark:

If there's anybody in our local area that still does the treating, like the old time des traiteurs.

Charlie:

Oh yes! That's a dying art!

Bonjour qui tu parles?

Madame Reed:

Hey... I know about a traiteur.

Ok.

I went to- I had- Ma- The top of ma foot was hurtin', so I went to de foot docta. I had a spur right on the top of ma foot, so he says, you mustn't lace ya shoes right dere. He says, I can cut if off for you. I said, but I'm on blood-thinners, he said well, we can't do surgery. So I found out about dis man in Opelousas, I went over dere, he treated me and until today the spur don't bother me one bit. And you know we had an old man in Ville Platte, Mister Alcide Gallo, he treated for anything. He treated me for high blood pressure...

Is he still alive?

No, he died, he was 102 years old. He was in the nursing home the last time he treated me for high blood pressure. 

-wow and he helped, huh...

...another man in Port Barre that treats, too. I was treated a lot, me. You know what? I talked to my doctor about dat because he's from, outa state, Watemale ou quek-chose. I told, I said hey, Dr. Alverez, did you ever hear of a... I had forgot how to say it in English...he said, I said, did you ever hear of a traiteur? Yeah, he said, I know what's a traiteur! He said I know exactly what's dat- dey have dat where I'm from! 


Dr. Tim:

And about the traiteurs...Dr. Alverez said is right...Nobody has the gift to heal unless it's given to 'em from above whether it be a doctor, therapist, or a traiteur. To some extent we all traiteurs.  So even if he denies it or not, the gift comes from God. 

No money- if you wanna make a donation, fine, but-

They don't ask for anything. It's a gift freely given to them, so they give that gift freely, too. I've never known a traiteur to accept any money, other than someone reaching in their pockets and say, here, lemme...

...yeah, yeah.. if they give... they don't ask for no payments...they don't... that's right...they'll accept a donation just like you accept the healing, you know?



1 comment :

  1. When my husband was a little kid in Basile, he had horrible ear infections and was always at the doctor with tubes or antibiotics or something until one day, his ta-tante laid hands on his ears and prayed over him and poof! They've never bothered him again to this day. She was an amazing traiteur!

    ReplyDelete