Friday, November 1, 2013

Grotte of Jeanne d'Arc in Bretagne

When the very croyant locals heard that I was in search of grottos to the Virgin Mary, I was invited to a old manor house  called the Maison de Saint Joseph. The owner excused the grotto because it was not to the Virgin, but to Joan of Arc. Even better, I told her! Jeanne d'Arc is the patron saint of our dear cousin Aubrey Joan, who was named also after my grandmother, Barbara Joan. The grotto was actually a double grotto, with statues to the Virgin, Saint Joseph, and Ste Thérèse, and was maybe two hundred years old...
         La Maison de Saint Joseph 

The Grottos

I love a headless Mary (and Joseph...)

Saint Therese, The Child of Prague, Sacred Heart of Jesus, Maybe Saint Peter, Joan of Arc and a few more...

Joan of Arc!

No comments :

Post a Comment