Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Quand la Corne est dans l'air

J'ai pris ses photos de la lune hier au soir au crépescule. Ça me rappellé d'un proverbe en Francais qui parle de "quand la corne de la lune est en bas..." the weather is supposed to be one way, and "quand la corne est en haut" it's supposed to be another. I think it's something like, when the points (horns) of the moon are pointing upwards, there will be good weather, and when they point downwards, the weather is supposed to be bad? rainy? I am not sure. I looked it up once, and there are modern French weather proverbs that talk about this very thing, but I am interested about the local version. I heard someone mention it on KVPI's Tasse de Cafe radio program one morning. They said .."oh ouais, la corne est en haut!" and everyone understood. That's something that I have noticed that Cajun and Creole people of Louisiana still do. We watch the sky and animals for the forecast. Wonder how long that information has been passed down and will continue to be. Please excuse the "blurific" iphone photos, but, j'connais pas, there is something nice about them, quand-même.



 la lune et le bamboo sont hauts
What does it mean when the horns of the moon are up?

No comments :

Post a Comment