Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fact: I am faster than 80% of snakes. Rabalais class memes!!

I feel pretty confident in the future of Louisiana French language and humor after seeing these memes des etudiants de Monsieur Rabalais. Merci, y'all!

Fact: I am faster than 80% of snakes.
I know this feeling, me.

I am not a chat-oui (raccoon) I am a chat-non!

I met a guy in Lafayette. He told me You're a pretty doll! (prostitute)

One can not simply pass through the back door.

I am not crazy! Look! I carved your name on my arm!

Let that bouillie custard fall on the floor!
The snap-beans aren't salty.
I will never let you go. (Lache pas la patate Jacques et Rose!)




Many thanks to Nathan Rabalais and his Cajun French students at Tulane in New Orleans for creating and submitting these hilarious memes to the Prairie des Femmes!


 NathanRabalais[1]Born in Eunice, Louisiana, Nathan Rabalais received his B.A. in music from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 2007 and pursued graduate studies in musicology at the University of Strasbourg. He obtained an M.A. in French at UL Lafayette, specializing in Louisiana language and culture and North American Francophone literature.  Currently, his main research interests include Louisiana French dialects, oral tradition and music of South Louisiana. More recent research topics and projects include popular and community theater among Francophone minorities, adult literacy for native Cajun French speakers and dialect pedagogy. In other words, Nathan Rabbalais is a pretty righteous dude.





No comments :

Post a Comment