Saturday, November 16, 2013

Traditional Ecards of Coastal Louisiana

Lomax Fellow and friend Dr. Joshua Caffery released his fascinating book, Traditional Music in Coastal Louisiana recently. There were so many amazing songs and one-liners that Dr. Caff includes in this book. Here are a few of my favorites, done in Ecard, Prairie des Femmes fashion. Thank you Dr. Caff!! 

Buy this book:

Louisiana French ECards from Traditional Music in Coastal Louisiana by Joshua Caffery
The next morning, after the wedding, the beauty looks at the door. The beautiful girl looks at the door, with a big regret.
I am going to the big woods with my jug of moonshine, brass knuckles in my pocket, cards in my hand, and I am looking for nothin but trouble.


Criminal Criminal! The Cajuns of L'anse la Butte have torn up underpants.


Go away sadness! Go throw yourself in the coulee and go so far, never come back to me again!
The beautifyl girl gave me a beautiful bouquet, all garnished with beautiful white jasmine. It's to heal, heal, heal sadness.
Oh wild nightingale! Oh nightingale of the forest!
Let's drink, dear comrades, Let's abandon amour. Let's abandon girls, we'll court them no more.
Oh, he fell in the road, like an unlucky one.
A bouquet of thoughts, at the four corners of the bed. A bouquet of worry.
He said that he wanted to play until he didn't have any more shoes.

Click here to see a few more memes I did from the book.

No comments :

Post a Comment