Monday, December 1, 2014

Things I learned on the Tasse de Cafe Radio Program

It was a right of passage for the young boys to learn how to cook because when the men would go out in the woods and to the camps to fish and hunt, they would see who would be "the cook", that is, the best cook.

When the tourism bureau of nearby Saint Landry called the Chamber of Commerce of Evangeline Parish asking for help with a fishing trip at Chicot for a group of Louisiana chefs, they were in need of a guide, boats, local cooks... Miss C said "Hold it! Hold it! We seceded from Saint Landry Parish over a hundred years ago! I mean, no offense to Opelousas, but we need to get our people on this! I called Suzy of course and then I called Jesse, our Man of the Year, to cook, he was changing some tiles in our building! I called the Mayor, she was on the road to the ball game! Then I called T-Don, I called T-Don at Cabot! He came out there and did a lil version of the "Lil Donkey".

On peux gone!

Tout les trente-six du mois.

les socos bleus, les socos jaunes, les socos rouges...




No comments :

Post a Comment